WE BELIEVE WORK ISN'T A PLACE YOU GO, IT'S SOMETHING YOU DO...
…And what we do around here is make the best audio products in the world. We are passionate about sound. We don’t settle for mediocre performance.
To make the best products requires infrastructure. These are the systems and procedures to make things happen in a consistent, efficient way that our customers can trust and rely on, time and time again. It requires innovation and efficiency so we can make products our customers want, and smart budgeting and planning so we can pay our bills and take care of our people.
Yes, this absolutely couldn’t happen without people = without you.
This infrastructure requires the best people. People who share our passion about sound, people with a diverse set of skills and talents. People committed to making the best products in a consistent, efficient way that our customers can trust and rely on.
JOINING THE DD AUDIO TEAM
Joining our team is joining a business with a long, rich history of the American Dream. Our journey has been a roller coaster ride, and we aren’t ready to get off. We are still here today and still have a bright future today because we aren’t afraid of reinventing ourselves and learning from our mistakes.
One thing we’ve learned from our humble beginnings in 1986 is that if we stay True, we can accomplish more than we ever imagined.
MAKING YOUR LIFE SOUND BETTER
Everything’s better with the music of your life. Through all the life events that affect us in so many ways that make audio seem trivial, the one thing that does remain constant though is the sound. Hearing and feeling the sound that represents our emotions is something we turn to in happy times or troubled times. The songs and the stories that help us grieve and help us celebrate.
We take our business of reproducing the sounds of your life seriously. As they too are the sounds of our life. We always have. We don’t compromise.
Our core values exemplify how we behave. These values are non-negotiable and define our culture.
- Adapt and evolve — Continuous Improvement. We can’t make the best if we are stuck in the status quo. We can’t outperform the competition, if we aren’t willing to evolve.
- Actions speak louder than words — Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Do what you say and mean what you do. It’s pretty easy to spot someone who says what they think needs to be said, but then doesn’t DO what needs to be done. Work together. Support each other to achieve results.
- No one gets a free ride — Entitlement and greed have no place here. There’s more to life than money. Money is a byproduct. We must each contribute to results and maximize our capacity.
Our aspirational values are how we want to behave. These values will be purposefully inserted into our culture.
- Learning and Growing — Follow your curiosity. Open a book. Go to a class. Take a plunge. Become your best self.
- Over-communicate for clarity — Don’t assume, explain. Have One to Many and Many to Many conversations so that information is shared.
- Time Management — Never having enough time is the biggest excuse of them all. Time needs to be budgeted. Working on the right things at the right time is a skill worth learning.
Our foundational values are the minimum behavioral standards.
- Faith and Belief — This is the magic fairy dust that just blows your mind. This is being at the right place and the right time. This is serendipity. This is following the ideas to see where they lead.
- Trust and Honesty — It is impossible to have one without the other. This is of paramount importance.
- Service — We all serve our customers without whom we are nothing.
TRUE TO THE SOURCE®
This motto runs deeper than just a clever reference to the music’s source. This is where we honor ourselves by being creative and inventive; by being good humans; by doing the right thing even when it is not convenient; by not taking ourselves so seriously so we have some fun and bring some joy.
Why not be great, push the boundaries, go for broke. When we clear the roadblocks in our thinking, anything and everything becomes possible. We strive to make things better, continuously improving our products and systems. The end result is delivering a great experience, Maximum Wow.
OKLAHOMA IS HOME BASE
We have roots in Oklahoma as we spent time as children here. While Digital Designs started in SoCal in 1986, we moved to Oklahoma City in 1991 as a strategic business decision. Oklahoma, being centrally located and rooted in industry and manufacturing, made good business sense. Oklahoma, with its low cost of living, short commute times, big-league quality of life, made good sense for our family too.
The Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce has great resources highlighting what OKC has to offer, as well as resources for those considering the move: See resources.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
See our current job openings here.